The HSQE engineer operates on construction sites and industrial projects in several different fields. They take part in maintenance operations, production lines modifications and construction works.
Due to the nature and the diversity of the tasks carried, out and the number of personnel involved, such activities expose workers to substantial hazards. Extensive safety measures must therefore be implemented so as to prevent accidents.
The HSQE engineers play a key role in this system. They work in the field, in close proximity to the activity and the teams. Their tasks are:
- To supervise workers and ensure compliance with the safety rules
- To analyze the risks ahead of operations
- To propose solutions in order to mitigate these risks
- To lead meetings for all the operators
- To communicate with the facility owner
- To dispense safety training to newcomers